Job Category: Experienced Intermediate
Job Type: Full Time
The primary function of this role is to incorporate company design guidelines, data models, and standards into effective on-line solutions for end-user including doctors, pharmacies, patients, and manufacturing partners, as well as administrative users. Software Engineer will be responsible for programming elegant solutions to complex business problems, in accordance with established company guidelines and coding standards, while at all times adhering to the Company’s mission, values, and goals.
- Design, code, test, and document applications as per software specifications and guidelines.
- Follows the software development life-cycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Work on every level of the stack – front-end to back-end, and everything in between.
- Extend existing applications through enhancements and interrogations with third-party platforms.
- Assist in estimating the time required to complete projects.
- Advance knowledge with regards to programming languages and tools, in order to successfully perform job functions.
- Maintain positive internal and external customer service relationships.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively, and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Follow the plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Meet all productivity requirements in the expected time frame or deadline
- Demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
- Demonstrate team behavior and must be willing to promote a team-oriented environment.
- Take new initiatives and strive to continually improve processes and relationships.
- Ensure all activities are in accordance with companywide information security policies and procedures as per ISO 27000 and 9000 requirements.
- Able to work in an office environment, sit for periods of time in meetings
- Able to communicate with business leaders, vendors, and technical staff
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering related technical discipline.
Work Experience and skills
- 1-2 years of production experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with MongoDB and Mongoid is a plus.
- Understanding jQuery, CoffeeScript, and SASS is a plus.
- Experience with PHP, Nginx, and Bootstrap, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and utilities.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical solutions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain HIPAA patient confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building
- Self-discipline, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality with business functions, management, and development
- Proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing English.